Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

My 2006 G6 V-6 will not crank when it is below 50 degrees,

Customer Question

My 2006 G6 V-6 will not crank when it is below 50 degrees, once the temp is above 50 and the dew is off the windshield, and the sun is on the car it starts every time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

the only thing that has been changed so far to correct this problem is the neutral switch ?

can you get this to act up and put your fingers on the start relay # ***** in the under hood fuse box and when it will NOT crank over when you hold the key to crank position do you feel that relay click with your fingers every time the key is held to crank position ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the neutral switch was changed in January 2015 (used part) and it did fix the problem, but it is doing the same thing again if it gets below 50 degrees it will not crank when it warms up later in the morning it starts every time. Now it started again so I put on a new switch (entire module), and the car will not crank until it is warm outside just like earlier this year. I am not near the car right now. I will try your test later and write you back.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know

this will cut our problem in 1/2 depending on if it clicks or not

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?