Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cam, i'm replacing a manual rearview mirror with a gentex in

Customer Question

cam, i'm replacing a manual rearview mirror with a gentex in a pontiac g6 convertible and i need wiring help. does this fall into your domain?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What is this manual rearview mirror supposed to have that requires electricity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did i say gentex manual replacement mirror? the gentex replacement is an auto-dimming-compass-homelink powered mirror. did you really think that if i was replacing a manual mirror with another manual mirror that i would be asking a question about wiring? find me somebody who can help me without asking a smart-ass question just because i didn't go into a lot of detail about the replacement mirror in my opening dialogue.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF you have the Gentex Temp / Compass Mirror, you will still need to run the Temp Sensor wires (2)
Here is Factory Plug PinOut of Stock Mirror
click Attachment below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don, thanks for getting involved in this and trying to help me. unfortunately, you did not answer my question, what you did was provide info i already had i.e. wiring out from the mirror pin-connection identification. i already had that info. what i was looking for was someone who could tell me what wires in the map/courtesy light assembly (which is directly above the mirror on the headliiner) i could tap off of. that was so i could avoid having to run the three wires from the mirror i needed to connect all the way underneath the headliner to the A pillar to under the dash to the fuse center inside the passenger side of the center counsel. since no one answered my question, i went ahead and did it that way, which was much more labor intensive but actually the proper way to do it. i finally found what fuse outlets in that array were 12v constant, 12v acc, and a metal ground. i installed 2 bussman add-a-circuit fuse taps onto the 10amp fuses that were 12v constant and 12v acc, and was able to add another fuse to each of those circuits just for the wires from the mirror. so, thanks for the effort, but the reality is i answered my own question and do not feel it is fair necessary for me to rate a justanswer associate or accept an answer that was no help, when nobody actually came close to answering my question. if you have an issue with my decision, please feel free to contact me. and again, thank you for getting involved in trying to help me. warm regards, ***** *****

no issue...........just communication was slow in coming & sorry I had not seen the question first........
Glad you got it done
Thank you for the response
Thanks for using J/A

.