tristan
tristan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
10186415

I have a problem with 99 Trans am.If my car sets hrs the

Customer Question

I have a problem with 99 Trans am.If my car sets for 24 hrs the battery would be dead. I start pulling all my fuses and relays in all three fuse boxes and my amp gauge would always say that 4amps was drawing. So pulled the BCM and the gauge went to (0). I thought I had it fixed by replacing the BCM but after charging the battery back up it would go dead in 24hrs. After I got the new BCM the dealer put it in and reprogram it. Can you tell me where to go from here to fix it
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tristan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. Pulling fuses is the correct procedure but unplugging the BCM is not unless you isolate the draw Down to a connecter. Let's do a live phone call after you have removed the under hood fuses first 1 at a time starting with the highest ones (amps) with the a meter on the negative cable, door s closed key out the ignition and let me know with one caused it to drop below .020 amps. If you have aftermarket radio tvs or anything remove those first. Please give a pisitive rating. I will still be here to assist you, I'm 100 percent sure we'll figure it out. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to reply by phone tomorrow do to it being so late tonight and being dark outside to see. So we will talk by phone tomorrow
Expert:  tristan replied 1 year ago.

No problem after 9am will be perfect. Thanks