Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

1990 ponatic grand prix heat gauge is stuck does not return

Customer Question

1990 ponatic grand prix heat gauge is stuck does not return when you turn ignition offstay at 220 degrees
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here is usually caused by the gauge stepper motor itself failing in the instrument cluster needing replaced or repaired. One way to check this is locate the engine coolant temperature sensor and unplug it as this would put it into a negative reading which should make the gauge go to 0° or the very bottom. If it still reads 220° the cluster itself needs removed and repaired or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.