tristan
tristan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
10186415

2004 gtp running hot chand out water pump plastic cooling

Customer Question

2004 gtp running hot chand out water pump plastic cooling elbows topped off resevoir. If I let car idle in park 20 minutes later Guage in red no coolant on dip stick no external leaking.what do I do? Other than that car runs great.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  tristan replied 1 year ago.

First make sure the fans work if the don't reply back let me know. Now from a cold engine, start it up and hand feel the top and bottom radiator hoses and heater hoses, all the hoses should be close to the same temperature when it gets hot and the thermostat open, so when the top radiator hose get too hot to touch all the others should fell that way, if the heater hoses are just warm, remove them and flush the hoses backwards and forwards with a water hose, if the bot***** ***** is warm or cool replace the radiator, if the top hose is cool or warm replace the thermostat, if all hoses are hot you'll have to remove the intake because the coolant passages to the heads are probably clogged, very common if the radiator looks rusted. Good luck I hope this helps and please give a positive rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds reasonable to me.I'll have to try theses tests before I can rate tech
Expert:  tristan replied 1 year ago.

Awesome just let me know how it turn out and just a reminder can reply back at anytime if you need more help. Thanks