sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a question I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am my alarm

Customer Question

I have a question I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am my alarm chirp twice in my car started and then it chirp twice again and cut off what do I need to do to get this to start
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

What needs to be done depends on what alarm you have. It may be a failure of the alarm module, wiring, or it may just be a matter of properly disarming it. pressing the unlock button on the fob is usually all that is necessary to disarm an aftermarket alarm, unless the car is new to you and you're unfamiliar with the alarm then I don't expect the issue to be lack of trying to disarm it properly.

What is the brand and model of the alarm?