Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2007 G6 Pontiac convertible that has a warning

Customer Question

I have a 2007 G6 Pontiac convertible that has a warning chime sounding 4 times every few minutes. Can you tell me what that chimes is indicating?. Coolant level is good, seat belts ok,as is signel lights etc.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Any warning lights on such as the door ajar light?
This is usually due to either the key in switch reminder chime going on for no reason due to faulty ignition switch, or a faulty door switch, but that usually causes the door ajar light to come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doors seem to be fully closed at the time of the chime. I don't have a manual on this car so cannot even trouble shoot.Was going to call a dealer and try to get an answer without taking the car in.I saw your site and thought you might be able to help.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
If there is no door ajar light lit on the dash, then this is likely a faulty ignition switch circuit setting off the key in ignition reminder chime. The ignition switch would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Eric I'll check the ignition switch. Will get back to you.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eric,
I cannot rate your answer as I have to replace the ignition switch to determine if that is the fault, as that requires taking the dash apart or take the car to a Dealer. This is me hobby car so I have to make the time in the near future to r&r the switch.I can rate you at a later date.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, no problem. You may get reminders for a few days, but those are sent automatically by the site and I have no control over them, so just ignore them