Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a1991 Pontiac firebird it started but idles ruff.

Customer Question

I have a1991 Pontiac firebird it started but idles ruff. When I hit the gas it dies doesn't even try to ten up. I checked the fuel system with the gauge say it's at40 so I know it's gettin fuel change the three sensers on the multi port fuel injection system it's a v6 don't know where to start from here can u help.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you scan the computer system and see if there are any fault code setting and post back with the results and we can work from there?

One other thing, if you are sure you have good fuel pressure have you check the exhaust back pressure to make sure there are no exhaust restrictions?