Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Ì have this same problem with key won't go to off position,

Customer Question

Ì have this same problem with key won't go to off position, so of course it won't release the key. This is an intermittent and random event. It will always release if left alone long enough. I think It must be a switch, relay or loose wire.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try pushing the shifter and holding it into park while you try and turn the key all the way off for removal.If this works this can indicate a fault with the shifter solenoid/sensor that isn't sending a signal that the vehicle is in park.This keeps the key from turning all the way off for removal and causes this here.If this does not work to allow the key to be turned off and removed let me know.

Thanks Pete