Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT trouble starting, stalled

Customer Question

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT trouble starting, stalled numerous times and now cannot keep idled or run smoothly enough to drive. Checked fuel rail and had pressure...fuel pump kicks on.
Drove car home from work yesterday just fine, this morning stalled a few times and now won't run enough to get it home. Need to really rev engine and it coughs and sputters bad. Cannot get it to go.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem sounds like you may have a failing fuel pump , the proper way to check the pressure is to install a fuel pressure gauge and read the pressure while the problem is occurring, normal pressure needs to be right at 53 to 59 PSI, any thing less then 53 PSI would indicate the pump is failing, check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.