kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician Associates degree in Automotive 15+ Years in the industry
68360881

I. Have a 2001 Pontiac grand am gt it is turning over but

Customer Question

Hi I. Have a 2001 Pontiac grand am gt it is turning over but not starting.. I hear the fuel pump, someone tested to see if it was getting gas, it sprayed out..fuses are good... no codes came up also when tested... Three people suggested crankshaft position sensor..but there's two 24x and 7x what do you think?.. if it is that how do I replace it. Thanks
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if no spark is present I would check the wiring and plug on the 7x sensor and if all is well replace it. The 7x sensor is the one that sends signal to the ignition module.

You may also want to have the igntion module tested at a parts store before replacing the sensor. I'll post info below for replacing the sensor and module.