Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Ron can you answer a fuel gauge question on a 2001 Pontiac

Customer Question

Hello Ron can you answer a fuel gauge question on a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gas gauge is jumping around after I replaced the entire fuel sending unit it shows empty full and half a tank and moves around while the car is running
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gas gauge showed empty on my old fuel sending unit/feel pomp and I also got a couple of codes one for vacuum before I replaced the fuel pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you determine whats going on here the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code is that should be setting when the problem is occurring, if you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.