George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Just bought my son s 1st car, a 2004 Pontiac grand prix gt.

Customer Question

just bought my son his 1st car, a 2004 Pontiac grand prix gt. 130k miles. 3800 engine. Looks and drives great, only problem is the ac/heater blower is very intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. AC is cold when fan is blowing and heater too, trouble is , winter is on the way and need the fan blowing consistently. Haven't tried anything yet (besides wiggling the fan knob). any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There is a rectangular box mounted on the side of the blower motor housing under the right side of the dash. Pull the connector for that and the blower motor and inspect for burnt or melted connections. If you find any the connector and the component it is connected to need to be replaced.

If you find nothing check the knob to see it is really turning the shaft of the blower switch. They can crack and slip.

Last try slapping the bottom of the blower motor when it does not come on, if it then starts replace the motor it is worn.

If you have a voltmeter I can help you check to see which component is failing if you can test it when the motor is not coming on.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you