Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I am having trouble with my DIC and Auto temp control. They

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my DIC and Auto temp control. They are both flickering at times and not working in general. I have a 2000 grand prix gtp.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

.Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have power at the HVAC fuse then try turning on the blower motor and recheck the voltage at the fuse. If the power drops out then you most likely have a failing ignition switch which is common. If the power remains okay then check to see if you have battery voltage at the brown wire at the controller . See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20fuse%20Aug%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think thats the right diagram for mine. I have the digital HVAC control module with the blower control module. The DIC and the HVAC control module are not working. I have no control over any function of my HVAC system. And I still have 12v at the fuse. I found 7ohms of resistance at the two ground wires for the DIC. Tried wiring those straight to known good ground point and it didnt help. At this point I have an appointment with the dealer for tomorrow after work.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Both the DIC as well as the HVAC panel can be affected by a failing ignition switch so while you at the dealer make sure to have them check and see if your is on there recall list.