FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2006 Pontiac GP Gt 3800 supercharged. Car

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pontiac GP Gt 3800 supercharged. Car intermittently will start and run for 1 or 2 seconds and die. after some time it will then start and run fine. My internet research lead me to fuel pump resistor issue that sounds identical to my problem but says this was on 97-03 gtp supercharged. Do the newer supercharged Grand Prixs have this resistor and has it been a problem or am I needing to look elsewhere for the problem?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Unfortunately your car does not have a resistor like this. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fuel pressure. Which wires at tank do I check with test light to make sure I have power at pump?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It would be the black and the gray wire. The black would be ground and the other battery voltage.