Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 1993 Pontiac bonneville, not sure if it's a sub

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Pontiac bonneville, not sure if it's a sub model or not. Ill get up to about 30mph or so, and press the brake slightly and my passenger rear tire locks up. I've heard it could be brake caliper, brake pad, brake line, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

The 93 should be drum brakes in rear unless it is an SSE. The rear brake locking up is usually due to a severely worn wheel cylinder, Sometimes there is fluid on the shoes. If it is an SSE it would have disc brakes and the cause could be the calipers not adjusting properly