Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

Just started having power steering issues with my 2006

Customer Question

Just started having power steering issues with my 2006 pontiac g6 2.4. Wheel is touch to turn and doesn't make a full turn to parallel park. Isn't there a recall on this? I never received a letter as i bought it used from a GM dealier
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

you need to call the dealer and give them your VIN number for them to check for any open recalls

if there are they will perform them for free

if there is not any open recalls then either the recalls where done or it did not apply to your specific car which at that point the dealer will need to see first if there are any codes set in the steering system and if there are follow the code number test flow chart

if NO codes then usually this type or issue is corrected with the 3 re calibrations of the steering motor assist which re calibrates the torque steer and the centering of the wheel to the steering computer and steering sensor