Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a 2000 Grand Am Gt. The car dies while driving, only

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Grand Am Gt. The car dies while driving, only the power steering and engine go out. All other things like the radio and lights stay on. I have to pull over, put the car in park and restart it. After it does this a couple of times the car won't restart at all. I replaced the ignition. The car would restart right away, but the same thing would happen and not start. The car will restart if the battery is unplugged for 20 minutes or so. The car does have a security feature on it. Let me know, thank you
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just out a new throttle positioning sensor in and it still died and won't restart. Let me asap please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine what is causing the engine to stall and not want to start you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and see if the computer is setting any fault codes . If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do today
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, post back with the results and we can work from there.