GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I'm trying to program the key fob on a 2007 Pontiac grand

Customer Question

I'm trying to program the key fob on a 2007 Pontiac grand prix all the instructions I find say to pull the MALL PGM fuse but I don't have a full labeled that. The one I see that I think it would be is labeled RFA/MOD- remote function activator (remote keyless entry) is this the correct one?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

hi there, I am Cam. Sorry to say that you cannot program the remotes by removing a fuse, that is a different model and year. Below are the instructions used with a scanner to reprogram the remotes.

Remote Control Door Lock Transmitter Programming

Important: Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Invalidate All

This procedure will erase all keyless entry transmitters from memory.

1. Install a scan tool.
  2. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
  3. With the scan tool, select Body.
  4. Select Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR).
  5. Select Module Setup.
  6. Select Program Key Fobs.
  7. Select Invalidate All Fobs.
  8. Follow the scan tool on screen instructions.

Transmitter Slot Programming

Transmitter slot programming allows a single transmitter to be programmed into a specific slot without affecting any of the other programmed transmitters. By using slot programming, the transmitter originally programmed to a specific slot is erased and the new transmitter learned in its placed.

1. Install a scan tool.
  3. With the scan tool, select Body.
  5. Select Module Setup.
  6. Select Program Key Fobs.
  7. Select the key fob desired to be programmed.
  9. Remove the scan tool

This is from your owners manual.

alarm will turn off when the ignition is moved to RUN or the remote alarm button is pressed again.

Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle

Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your GM dealer. Remember to bring any additional transmitters with you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter cannot unlock your vehicle. The vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.