Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have 1999 grand am with a 2.4 and the service engine soon

Customer Question

I have 1999 grand am with a 2.4 and the service engine soon light is flashing and the traction control light is off. And the car missfires
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The service engine light flashing means the computer is seeing a direct engine misfire usually cause by either a failing spark plug and or wire or coil. When the PCM (computer) sees the misfire it will set and store a fault code for the bad cylinder. In order to determine which cylinder is at fault you are going to need to have the system scanned and the fault code retrieved which will tell you which cylinder is failing. Most auto parts stores such as Auto Zone will perform this scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back I will help you from there.