Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

OK having the same issue as described above checked at the

Customer Question

OK having the same issue as described above checked for power at the rrdr mdl fuse have the drivers seat out only splice I could find was 3 yellow wires and 6 white wires redid that splice and my driver window quit working can hear a relay click but that's it nothing on any of the other 3 windows
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you can explain what type of problem you are having and explain with full details I will try and help you. We are unable to see the issue you are referring to. I am assuming you are having a problem with the power windows but it would be helpful if you can explain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working on a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville the drivers window was working until I redid the above referenced splice although none of the other 3 windows or door locks worked I can't locate any spice in the brown and yellow or brown and white twisted wires the drivers seat is out and carpet pulled back and the harness is out and I cannot locate any other splices
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the splice number you looking for? Is it the S503?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what I have researched it is s or p 302 and it's located about 6" from the drivers seat is it located under some tape around the entire harness and is it more towards the front or rear side of the seat?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Here is a list of all the splice locations on the 2000 Bonneville, take a look and see if this will help you locate it. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Splice%20Aug%207.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK found the splice that needed replaced now only my front door locks work and the drivers window quit working rear doors are still not working checked all fuses and circuit breakers and everything checks out good
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

One place you may want to have a look at the wiring is in the harness coming from the body to the drivers door in the door jam harness. Its one area where there have been know issue withbroken wires as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But wouldn't the door locks not work as well if that were the casr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's also the connector in the pic as well that I cut the splice off of
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The door locks and windows are on different circuits so it is still possible the problem is in the door jam wiring and W would sure have a look. See if you have power and ground at the master switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK got the switch out have 12 v on the orange wire 11.93 on the brown with white and around 5 on the red nothing on the yellow and orange with black which wire is the ground on the master switch
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Give me a moment to look at the switch wiring diagram. The power windows get the signal from the door module , have you scanned the system and retrieved the fault code that should be setting when the windows do not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't as all I have is a engine code diagnostic scanner and that actually belongs to my father about 7 miles away lol
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well I can send you the steps for the common test for the DDM, See the test in the link below, copy and paste it to your browser to open and view them. Unfortunately with out being able to scan the system it makes it pretty hard to do the diagnostic steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20window%20test%20Aug%207.pdf