Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

I have a pontiac aztek, 2003. my brake lights remain on all

Customer Question

i have a pontiac aztek, 2003. my brake lights remain on all the time. i purchased a brake light switch. it seems the part that holds in the switch, is the problem. the switch keeps popping out. it seems this part has a locking ability to hold the switch in by locking the switch into the small groves along both sides. i hope this makes it easier to understand. the locking disc is white with some type of teeth to hold the switch. as i said i push in the spring loaded switch, it will not stay in and keeps poping out. THANKS JON ZEIGLER.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

when the brake light switch is pushed in against the brake pedal then you need to turn the switch clockwise 1/4 turn and it should lock into the teeth

will yours do that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i left a message for a call back.just in case, i will explain the question i have.when i insert the switch until it hits the brake pedal , the switch will not turn. are the wires to end up on top? should i not have the wires clipped in until after the switch is set? i tried to hold the pedal in with my hands to no avail. is the pedal to be pushed in as far as possible? i tried with no wires and still could not turn the switch. i am laying on a asphalt parking lot, which makes it hard. i even popped off a panel under the steering wheel. i am 69 with a prosthetic leg. all this adds up to a hard job.do i need another person to depress the pedal? i don`t want to force the switch to turn. THANKS!