Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

2001 Pontiac Bonn. 114,000 miles. No windows are working,gas

Customer Question

2001 Pontiac Bonn. 114,000 miles. No windows are working,gas gauge erratic. Already tried the passenger gang switch and the inside the door assembly w/no luck. Any suggestions?
Already dried and replaced rear lights which were wet inside the assembly. Thanks
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am done working for tonight. No help came my way from the "expert that was working on it already"as you stated earlier.
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Are any of the windows working from any of the switches?

Have you checked the fuses?

Have you checked the switches for power?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you actually think that an answer is a response with several questions; or is this part of the information exchanged in the process of you answering my question. I am kind of at a loss here if what you sent was supposed to be an answer.
Kevin P Donlon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuses
No, none of the windows work either individually or remotely from the drivers side "gang" switches..
I did have a mechanic check the switches also.(I bought both switches , and I am fairly certain there was
No juice coming out of either switch.
Thank you for your assistance.
KP Donlon

The following components are used to control the power windows:

• Driver Door Module (DDM)
  • Passenger Front Door Module (PDM)
  • LH Rear Door Module (LRDM)
  • RH Rear Door Module (RRDM)
  • Driver Door Switch Assembly (DDSA)
  • RH Front Power Window Switch
  • LH Rear Power Window Switch
  • RH Rear Power Window Switch
  • LH Front Power Window Motor
  • RH Front Power Window Motor
  • LH Rear Power Window Motor
  • RH Rear Power Window Motor
  • PWR WDO 30 Amp Circuit Breaker

Power Windows Operation

The vehicle is equipped with power windows controlled by the door modules. Each passenger door power window can be operated, either from a switch built into the driver door switch assembly (DDSA), or from a switch mounted locally on its associated door. The driver door power window can only be operated from the driver door window switch built into the driver door switch assembly (DDSA).

When the driver door module (DDM) receives a window switch request from the DDSA, the DDM checks the Class 2 serial data to see if the status information is correct (i.e. ignition switch position) to permit window operation to occur. If the status information is correct, the DDM, either supplies power and ground to its associated window motor, or, if the request is for one of the passenger windows, sends a command via the power door serial data circuit to the passenger door module (PDM, LRDM, or RRDM) controlling the window. The passenger door module (PDM, LRDM, or RRDM) controlling the window then supplies power and ground to its associated window motor to move the window as requested.

When one of the local window switches mounted on one of the passenger doors is operated, the associated door module examines the request and checks to see if there are any messages from the DDM prohibiting the movement. If conditions are correct, and no prohibitive messages have been received from the DDM, the associated door module then supplies power and ground to its associated window motor to move the window as requested

Each door module has its own battery positive voltage supply circuit to use for power window operation, but they are all fed by the same 30 amp power window circuit breaker located in the rear fuse block. Each door module also has a seperate ground circuit to use for power window operation. These circuits are in the same dedicated connector as the window motor control circuits of each door module and are used exclusively for window motor operation.

Each door module also has a battery positive voltage circuit and a ground circuit that are used to power up the module ,as well as, to control mirror and door lock functions. Battery positive voltage to the DDM is supplied through the DRVMDL 10 amp fuse located in the rear fuse block. Battery positive voltage to the PDM is supplied by the PASS MDL 10 amp fuse located in the rear fuse block. Battery positive voltage to both the LRDM and RRDM is supplied by the RRDR MDL fuse located in the rear fuse block. Ground for the DDM is provided through a ground circuit to G200. Ground for the PDM is provided through a ground circuit to G201. Ground for the LRDM is provided through a ground circuit to G302. Ground for the RRDM is provided through a ground circuit to G301.