Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

I have received a safety recall on my Pontiac Vibe ( air bag

Customer Question

I have received a safety recall on my Pontiac Vibe ( air bag part replacment ) Parts are not available at this time. How do I disconnect the sensor so that it would not deploy ? thanks : *** **********

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Welcome to the site.

Thanks for coming.

I'm Dan J. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Could you provide me with your VIN# ***** I can look up the recall?

I was able to find the recall.

I don't think I am able to give you the information on how to disable your air bags, due to legal reasons. If you were to get in an accident we could be liable for any injuries due to the air bags not deploying.

Here is what is stated in the bulletin:

GM strongly recommends that you have this safety recall repair performed immediately. If you do not follow the instructions in this letter, you should not drive your vehicle.

Until the repair is performed, the front passenger seat should NOT be occupied.

GM strongly recommends that you have this safety recall repair performed immediately. Please contact any GM dealer to schedule an appointment. When taking your vehicle to the dealership for your service appointment it is recommended that only the driver occupy the vehicle. If you are uncomfortable driving the vehicle to the dealership, please contact your local GM dealer who will arrange for vehicle pick up.

If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.

Pontiac

1-***-***-****

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****