Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I just installed a new lock cylinder on my 99 sunfire. The

Customer Question

I just installed a new lock cylinder on my 99 sunfire. The security telltale flashes at the beginning. But, the telltale on, and will not turn off after the 10min. What does this mean. And how do i fix this?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing you need to is to make sure you did the relearn procedure correctly. See the correct steps in the link below. Redo them and see if this will solve the problem. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Relearn%20Aug%204.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that procedure. The telltale light doesn't turn off after 10 min. Not even after an hour. When I go through the procedure, the light begins to flash, then stops flashing, and just stays on. It doesn't turn off after, or at anytime during the 10 min intervals. So, I can't complete the procedure. How do i fix this?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay then if the light is staying on the computer should be setting a fault code, if you can scan the system and get me the fault code I can help you from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fault codes.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well if the relearn is not working and you are not setting any fault code then I am not sure where to go from there with nothing to go on. I can open the question back up for you in hops someone else has something different to offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I picked up a new lock cylinder yesterday. In hopes that maybe the first part the store sold me was faulty.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well It worth a shot. Hopefully that's it.