GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have an 03 pontiac bonneville an my gas gauge 't work,

Customer Question

i have an 03 pontiac bonneville an my gas gauge don't work, when i turn the key to the on position the gauge moves to full and then stays on empty. i filled the tank up still on empty. i changed the piece on the fuel pump that measures the gas, and still nothing. can it be the cluster?everything else is working, but the check gauges stay on can somebody help me
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it was the sending unit I put on, still nothing, then I went to the junkyard, and got a complete fuel pump and still nothing, it runs and drive fine but that gas gauge will not do right, like I said when you turn the key to the on position, the gas gauge goes to full and back to empty, oh im not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my console lights around the gear shift does not light up as well. Hope to hear from you soon, the car has 144k on it
Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will b glad to assist u with your issue today. first i need to ask, do u have a scan tool that u can use to run a gauge cluster test?