FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I am just looking daughter she recently bought a used 2007

Customer Question

Hi I am just looking for my daughter she recently bought a used 2007 Pontaic G6 I think that's what it is , anyhow the wearing light came on and temp gauge all way to hot
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the gauge is reading hot then you need to see if the engine is overheating. This can be caused by a number of issues. How long does she need to drive it before it gets hot? As for the check engine light it can come on due to the engine running hot and it can also come on for other issues. You can have the engine scanned for codes at most auto parts stores for free. If you have this done bring me the codes and I can tell you what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She just noticed the light had came on last night, and the temp gauge all the way on hot. It just started doing this, I advised her not to drive it without checking the cwater/coolant level. Basically she has had the car a month maybe 6 weeks from a second rate used car lot. I just hope they didn't sell her a lemon. I don't want her to drive it and ruin the engine. I already goggled about those Pontiacs and some do have issues with overheating, seems like it was related to the cooling fans or water pump, just skimmed through web. Any advice for least expense of if I should take back to car dealer to complain.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I would definitely check the coolant first and take it back to the dealer. She needs to tell them that she is very unhappy with what happened and that they should take a look at it and repair it. Hopefully she turned it off in time and did not cause any damage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently the Car lot will have her take it to a repair facility to have diagnosed and my daughter has to pay $75 deductible, the car has some type of warranty, not sure what. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If all she has to pay is $75 then that is not to bad to get the car back on the road. If you have further questions along the way please let me know.