Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Pontiac G6: P0449 code with engine light on and after that

Customer Question

P0449 code with engine light on and after that not remote start
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. When the check engine light comes on it will automatically shut down the remote start. The code you are getting if for a vent control issue with the evap system. This is typically caused by a failing vent solenoid. This is located under the vehicle next to the fuel tank and the evap canister. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it is evap system problems but ware is vent solenoid today i find but I don't show
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
When you are looking for it use the attached picture as a reference. You will follow the tank filler tube to find it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are i see fule tank it's full covered not show any more i was try open fule tank strap but when i open one bolet tank fall down plz tell me any more solution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello give me answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi plz call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wait fie fix the problem
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I was not online when you returned. Let me see if I can shed more light on it. You see where you put fuel into the car? Follow that down and under the vehicle. You will see a plastic cover under the car where it comes in and wil need to remove that. It is between the fuel filler hose and the body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now botom car plz call me and trll me ware this location
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I cannot call you at this time. I will opt out and allow someone else to help you if you cannot find it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I changed now code is coming and not remote start same problum. But witch part i changed that is not work
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Did you clear the code with a scan tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yas i clear code win i start code come if start with key not come
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I am having trouble with the connection to your question. I am going to opt out and allow someone else to help you better.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office awaiting your reply. I run a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.I have attached a better picture of the vent solenoid