Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Nissan Frontier Frontier: My ABS light is on, but not immediately

Customer Question

My ABS light is on, but not immediately when I start the car, it's usually after driving for some time, sometime it is not on for days or weeks. Now, I am in the mountain resort, it's on yesterday, But it was off again, on again, it does not stay on, do you think it is dangerous?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you want to call me, my cell No.:(###) ###-####
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If the ABS light is on steady and the red brake light is not on then your brakes will operate just like a car without Anti-Lock brakes. You will not have the same stopping distance in a panic situation or wet roads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is it intermittently on and off? I drove it to repair shop, two times, and paid the money, they never figured it out. They said, when the light is not on at the time they were diagnosing it, they cannot determine what the problem is.If the red light is on, should I drive to the repair shop immediately? Does that mean that there will be no functional brake system?Thanks for your answer.
Usually if the ABS light comes on steady it will set a code in the system. Did they say if there were any codes in history?If the red light comes on, it usually means it is either low on fluid, has a leak or has a brake pressure problem.
Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle. Do you need anymore info?ThanksDan Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.
Thank-you
Dan J
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Thank-youDan J
Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****