Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's
27644750

My brake pedal is too soft going down and I felt shaken....t

Customer Question

Hello! My brake pedal is too soft going down and I felt shaken....then the ABS light becomes on, then the brake pedal works great. My brake pads and rotors for front are great!
Need your advice on the first two sentences
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
do you feel the shaking in the pedal or the steering wheel?do you hear a loud buzzing as you are coming to a stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am deaf ..I felt shaken on the brake pedal I cannot hear anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok i am here
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
here is what is happening
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
you have warped rotors and a failed wheel bearing or even more than one failed bearing Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
the rotors can look ok but are physically warped when measured with a correct tool
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
if the bearings are bad it will activate the abs when slowing down to a stop. so the abs speeds need to be checked with a scan tool to verify all speeds are correct.