Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac 6g gt: g6 gt hardtop convertible top half way down,

Customer Question

g6 gt hardtop convertible top half way down, no won't move up or down. I don't hear the sound from the motor for the top at all fuse under hood and inside passanger kick panel are ok. with the roof stowded in trunck I can't check the fuse there. Where else can I check for power supply?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be a fault with one of the top position sensor/switches acting up.I have seen one or more of these fail before and cause a false signal that can shut down the motor.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The sensors will need checked in the scan tool data list to help locate the fault.
Thanks Pete