Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Mike,I need help finding replacement

Customer Question

HI Mike,
I need help finding replacement pistons for a GTP supercharged engine.
I got this number from GM dealership (12539085) but not sure if it is for supercharged engine.Can you help me out?also,where can I find engine number to confirm that it is an L32 engine? would a 2006 engine drop-in without modifications
Thanks
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
The part number you have listed above is the correct part number for this model here.The non super charged engine uses a different part number piston starts with an 8901...
In some cases the engine number is ***** on the back of the engine block below the cylinder heads.
2006 looks to be the same part number as your engine and it should be a direct fit with no modifications or replacement parts needed as long as it is the super charged engine.
Thanks Pete