Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

Pontiac Grand Prix GT: my 2002 pontiac grand prix will not

Customer Question

my 2002 pontiac grand prix will not start. I went to turn the key, it didn't turn over, and then it acted as if the battery was dead (I hope that is the case).
Interesting findings are: the ignition locked up, and would not release my key. The power locked will not work. The trunk button will not work.
What is wrong with my car???
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitfrom the sounds of this the battery is bad or the battery cable connections at the battery are not clean and tightthe key release needs good battery volts for it to work since it will not even release the key the odds are a new battery and cleaning the battery cables before connecting them both to the new battery should correct this issue you are havingthis has all the signs of a bad battery
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?