George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Pontiac Sunfire SE: I have a Pontiac 2002 Sunfire and the door

Customer Question

I have a Pontiac 2002 Sunfire and the door lock is stuck in locked position so you can't shut the door,I have used a ton of dw40 in the lock and in the keyhole,no luck. I have used both the key and the unlock bob,no luck. I have even tried to hammer it open, please help I have been stranded for three days.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Don't hammer on the latch you will bend it. Use the tip of a screwdriver in the hole that is formed when the finger of the latch closes. That is what closes around the bar bolted to the body that is closes around. Pull the screwdriver towards the inside the of the door while operating the inside door latch release handle. That should allow the finger to open and the latch to return to normal operation unless it has been bent. Let me know if that works for you Thank you