FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Pontiac grand am: My car 2002 grand am will turn over but not

Customer Question

My car 2002 grand am will turn over but not start. Changed the ignition and did the 10 min thing, still won't start. There was no sign of anything wrong. Had the coil tested, it was fine. Any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if the security light is on when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This means that the Security system is shutting down the fuel system. This can be caused by a number of things. I would reset it first to see if it helps. Turn the key on to then in position and leave it there for 10 minutes. Turn the key off and back to run for 10 more. Repeat this 3 times then try starting it. If it still does not start let men know