GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac: , I'm Janet , I have owned since new a2010 Lincoln

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Janet ,
I have owned since new a2010 Lincoln MKZ with 37400 klm.V6, love it. Recently it has been surging from 700- 1000, 700- 1500 rpm.when stopped at a signal light, foot on brake thank goodness. Sometimes it will surge 2-3 times then it STALLS. It will restart with no problem but it has been doing this more frequently and even when I slowed with traffic and then merged onto hwy, I am very. Uncomfortable. I have taken it to dealer they put it on the diagnostic machine and because it is an intermittent thing could not find anything. Sure enough took it home and it cont'd it's antics. This time they feel it is fixed " throttle body " replaced and mgr. drove it for 45 klms. I 'm to pick it up tomorrow- of course it's not covered on warranty, I'm pretty save with cars and I really question that this luxury car would have this problem..the very first time this happened was in January 2015
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Janet,I have seen your problem many many times, and replaced many throttle bodies.A little odd with your car since it has less 40000 miles? on the clock.I hope they have fixed your car.Gary