Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac Lemans SE: 1993 Pontiac lemans

Customer Question

1993 Pontiac lemans
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common cause for this fuse to blow can be caused by either a shorted oil pressure switch and or the harness to it. Start with checking the wiring to the oil pressure switch, and look for rub-through on the harness. If the wiring is okay, disconnect the oil pressure switch and start the engine and see if the fuse then holds, if so then the switch is shorted to ground and needs to be replaced.