Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have read so many Pontiac starting car problems its really

Customer Question

I have read so many Pontiac starting car problems its really bad situation. My 2006 Pontiac G6 is experiencing the same problem. I have taken the vehicle back to Firestone since I had the starter replaced due to a missing spot when starting the vehicle,
they found no problem. I took the car to an authorized GM repairing shop, again after a complete check of electric system, including battery and starter found no problem. This is totally crazy, that no one has an answer. I was so mad one time I put 2 pails
of water on the engine. Wow. it started. I gave your company this information and the mechanic stated without a doubt it was the starter, wrong.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a response to my question, what is going on. My checking account been charged with no response, you get to be kidding.
I need more of a description. You turn the key to the start position and nothing happens, no clicking, nothing?Are you able to do any diag yourself, with my help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I can not get an answer to my question, them just credit my account. I feel I am just going in circles with no positive answer(s). My last try the mechanic said starter and he was wrong. It was tested at Firestone and an authorized GM dealership at their auto repair shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to start my car with a hot engine, it clicks several times and no start off engine. There are other times it will do clicking sounds and the engine will start the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This car when the engine gets hot especially when traveling from a store to another store. When you turn on ignition you clicking sound repeatedly. Sometimes when turning on the ignition there is no sound. I do not have any more information to give to solve my problem. Please respond back, I am getting tired about talking on this subject. I keeping trying to get the right answer from your company without positive results. Thank you.
I need to know if you have the 3.5 or 3.9 V6 engine?
Once I know which engine you have, I can address this concern. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris