Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac Grand Am LE: Dave I have an 89 grand am 2.3 quad

Customer Question

Hi Dave I have an 89 grand am 2.3 quad four that won't start....good fuel pressure spark on all 4 plugs lights noid for injectors new crank sensor
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, proper fuel pressure, injector pulse and good compression, if you are sure you have good spark as well as good fuel pressure and injector pulse then the next steps would be check the engine compression. Post back with the results and we can work from there to get this resolved for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a compression problem. 160-170 per hole
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay so you are saying you have good compression as well as injector pulse and proper fule pressure and good spark , correct? If that is the cases the engine should start and run right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay one other thing that you may want to check is to make sure the exhaust is not restricted. If it's plugged off it would also cause a no start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exhaust is less than a year old. Ran fine friday no start monday
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well something is not making any sense here for sure, are you sure you have injector pulse ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes put noids on 1 & 2 since it fires 1&3 and 2&4 at the same time and got lights on both
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm not sure what to advise you on at this point, you say you have good spark, injector pulse , proper fuel pressure and good compression. The engine should start if that is the case. I can open the question back up for you in hopes someone else has some new ideas if you would like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do cause none of this has helped so far
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing, doing so now, hopefully someone can help you get this resolved, Thank you just the same and best to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen any replies