Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Bonneville SSEi: I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville ssei

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville ssei and my factory radio is not working. It's not making any sound at all and I believe the problem is the ribbon cable connector that the radio plugs into and I believe it was damaged when I was removing the radio one day. My question(s) is, how can this be fixed? Is there any place that could fix this? What part do I need or can I even buy it? Any help whatsoever would be appreciated!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would speak with a local audio repair center or electronics repair center as they may be able to build you a new ribbon or solder the old one together.This is usually the best choice.If this is not an option for you you might have to locate the dash harness or a section of the harness in order to get what you need here from a salvage yard.A place like www.car-part.com may carry this for you.
Thanks Pete