sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 pontiac grand Prix trouble code no link . I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 pontiac grand Prix trouble code no link . I turn the key everything comes on but the starter .i tryed park and n that did,t work what could it be
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds as if your powertrain control module is down. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions including the starter. If the PCM is down then there will be no communication, the starter won't engage, and the fuel pump won't run when the key is first turned on.
The first thing that should be done is check fuses. If fuses are good and the PCM is down then the next step will be to test the powers and grounds at the PCM to ensure there isn't a wiring issue. If you're missing a power or ground then that circuit will need to be tested further, if the powers and grounds are present but the PCM doesn't wake up then it can be condemned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
You're welcome!