Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Pontiac G6: I have been reading others 2006 G6 experience

Customer Question

I have been reading others 2006 G6 experience the same starting issues as mu car. It first started with like a half crank, but would not start the car. I took it to my auto mechanic and did not experience the same. There was no code to indicate the problem. When I picked up my car at the repair shop it ran good for about two weeks. Now it the problem is the same but I hear click like a dead battery or no sound at all. It happen to me yesterday, when it warm up at my apartment. two hours later I went to the car it started right up.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the wait.

What you have here is a starter that is about to quit entirely. It has all the symptoms right down to the letter! Especially the half crank. We see this happen all the time on these cars, usually after the starter has gotten hot from the engine heat but not always. Sometimes it will do it first start of the day.

Replace the starter before it quits completly and strands you somewhere.

Larry

If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.