Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac Grand Prix: Dave! past 3 years I have had

Customer Question

Hi Dave! For the past 3 years I have had an issue with my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix that no one has been able to repair.. my check engine light is on along with a message that reads "reduced engine power". I have very little power when accelerating and at times my car will not go over 35 mph and absolutely does not go over 75 mph at any time. I first took it to a dealership and was told that a wire was rubbing on the engine so I paid $260 for the "repair". A few months went by with no issue and then the problem returned. I took my car back to the dealership and miraculously my car was back to normal so they were not able to diagnose any issue. Then about 6 months later, I began to have the same exact problem so I took my car to another dealership as well as a private mechanic and both said that based on the codes that were coming up, a sensor in the accelerator pedal was bad and I needed to have a new accelerator pedal installed. I purchased the accelerator pedal from Auto Zone and h
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
Anytime the check engine light comes on the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can get me the fault code you are getting I can help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.