Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Vibe AWD: When I come to a stop sign with the foot

Customer Question

When I come to a stop sign with the foot on the brake the engine knocks, it wont do it while at the shop and they say nothing is wrong. I think the valves need adjusting.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this only occurs with your foot on the brake pedal this may be a lean engine running knock issue as when the pedal is applied vacuum is used in the brake booster for braking and if a fault is found with the vacuum to the brake booster or at the brake booster this may be causing this fault here.if this has not been checked to see if a leak is the cause this needs done.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I was wondering if anyone was going to respond. (Frustrated ) this is also occurring while idling and the A/C is on.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
Your welcome,if this only occurs with the AC this is usually the ac compressor or a component on the drive belt like a pulley at fault causing this here.The components the drive belt operates would need checked to see which is the cause and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete