Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix w/ supercharger.

Customer Question

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix w/ supercharger. On acceleration, there is a noise similar to the sound when you touch your finger to a running fan blade. It only lasts a few seconds and only occurs when accelerating. Any ideas where to start looking to diagnose?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the belt pulleys and components for any worn components or components wobbling that may need replaced.If these are all found to be o.k. this can be internal bearing failure in the super charger itself causing this issue here and the super charger may need replaced.I have seen super charger failure in the past before cause this issue and had to replace it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you diagnose the supercharger bearing?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Usually I listen to it with an automotive stethoscope at idle and when revving up the engine.If you hear any squealing inside the super charger or any grinding this usually indicates the bearing is at fault and the super charger needs replaced.
Thanks Pete