FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Pontiac Montana: Chris, I have my air bag light on, on my

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I have my air bag light on, on my 2005 Montana van, I have noticed under the passenger seat that there are two electrical connectors that are hanging in the air. could this the problem do they need to be grounded or does that matter. I am not getting any OBDII codes as well. can you help me out
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the light came on all of a sudden or has it been like that for some time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came on unknowingly when my son inlay was driving the vehicle,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did notice that the sensor on the rad support has some pieces missing out of it. When I first got the vehicle one of the wires was broken that go to the Air bag impact sensor. I repaired it using an electrical connector (crimp type) and the light went out and stayed out for some time, until recently. I thought maybe that water had rusted the connection so I redid the connection but it didn't fix the problem.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. If that connection has allowed moisture to get into the harness then that will cause this to occur. If the wiring appears to be fine then the next most common cause of this is a failing clock spring in the steering column. You would need to scan the air bag module to know for sure what is going on. Did you have a scan tool with this capability?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an oBDII, and a snap on diagnostic tool, but it only goes to 2000,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the OBDII does not show any codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have access to a shop that can give me the codes, that will have to wait till tomorrow morning though,
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If you can do that it would help. Your scan tool will not have the capability of doing this. Bring me the codes and we can continue from there.