GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac Grand Am SE: i dont have a code to unlock my radio

Customer Question

i dont have a code to unlock my radio for my 2000 pontiac grand am.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemcan you follow this and give me the 6 digit number ?1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.4. Press the AM/FM button5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code didn't work. There was a 9 but no button with 9
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
that 6 digit number was NOT the unlock codei need that 6 digit number to be able to get the unlock code for youthat is why i sent you the directions on how to get the 6 digit code and asked for the 6 digit code number