Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pontiac: 2005 Pontiac Wave engine misfires really badly and

Customer Question

2005 Pontiac Wave engine misfires really badly and will not shift into OD automatically
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on a draw(climbing a hill), it just chokes, sputters, misses and loses speed. I have to let off the gas then feather it to even climb at 80km/phr (from 100 km/phr at the base) sometimes it shakes so hard I just have to let off completely. It will not shift into OD when it runs like this, I have to put it in N, shut off then back on and drop it back into OD and it's fine(still sputters but the rpm is normal)until I have to slow down again. This is done only when there's no other traffic, of course. It's not using much more gas though, like if a choke was stuck, so it's confusing us.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh forgot to mention all four plugs are clean when disconnect coil pak #3 it didn't see to make a difference in the sound and when disconnecting plug wire #4 the sound didn't change (I'm talking each facing the car so on driver's side)
Can you remove coil and plug on 3 and 4 and monitor them outside the engine to see if there is good spark?
Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor and monitoring the fuel pressure?
Is it time or close to a tune up interval?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris