Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac gran prix: 1993 replaced all the sensors and ecm car

Customer Question

1993 replaced all the sensors and ecm car will start and run but it revs up and then idles down fora second then revs up again.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common problem could be a leaking fuel pressure regulator so you may want to check the regulator and the fuel pressure. Pull the hose of of the regulator and see if there are any signs of fuel, install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure, normal fuel pressure should be right at 31 to 42 PSI. I would also run a scan on the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting. Check these things for me and post back and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not been able to check the problem about the fuel as yet. Sorry we will let you know as soon as we can.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, I'm here when you ready.