GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Dan, I have 2007 Pontiac Torrent. Two days ago I started

Customer Question

Hi Dan,
I have 2007 Pontiac Torrent. Two days ago I started the vehicle and it started and then went completely dead. I have AAA come out and jump start it. When trying to drive it the transmission signal came on and the stabilitrac light came on. It then said reduced engine power and I could only go about 20 miles per hour. I had the car towed to mechanic who replaced the throttle. The same problem happened. He then replaced the starter, and the same thing happened. Any idea's what could be causing this? It also has an interlock for detecting alcohol.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitso when this is acting up will it still be completely dead ?or the issue is the lights on in the dash ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eventually the car becomes completely dead and will not start at all. The dash lights come on and it seems it's out of gas. Then it will go completely dead no, dash lights and no starter.